Saturday, February 18, 2012

Military Might

This is one attribute of the government that I forgot to add to the post before this one, but I wanted to write it out in a separate one since it deals with a hairy topic, per se.

My idea was that while government should always do what is in the best interest for the people it is serving, it should also have a very strong military.

NOW, I am only saying this because it makes sense for a country to put up a strong front to the rest of the world, so that no one will mess with them out of fear and respect for their ability to retaliate. Doesn't that make sense? I mean, if someone DOES mess with that country, the government can adequately defend the people that it serves, rather than watch on in horror as everyone is slaughtered or enslaved.

I do not say this out of any personal desire for blood-lust, since, even though I am very young myself, I can still see the value of a life and do not take the loss of one lightly. I would never advocate pointless war. Never, for nothing would be gained from it that would outweigh the costs in my heart and soul.

All of which I have written above is something that the leader of a nation should take into consideration for the people that they serve. There is nothing wrong with protecting and preventing pain from being dealt to the people of the country.

2 comments: